A solution to a tangled mess

I love shopping for frames at the thrift store. This little treasure was brown, ugly and only 25 cents. I went shopping specifically for this project, and this frame worked perfect! I don't know about you, but my necklaces always end up in quite a tangled mess. I mean, sometimes I would go weeks without wearing a necklace because I didn't want to go through the trouble of finding where one begins and the other ends. So, here's my solution!

I just took apart the frame, spray painted it, and wiped the glass a little bit. I cut some card stock to size and used a few scrapbooking supplies and transformed the frame to a necklace holder. In order for the necklaces to stay, I hammered some tack nails into the back of it. This frame was short enough that I had to put the nails on the bottom of the frame so the necklaces wouldn't hang too long in the front. I love it!


1 comment

  1. That's a cute project! I really need to do something with my necklaces. I'm a bit of a (costume) jewelry fanatic so I've got a ton. My necklaces are always tangled up and in a big mess. I need to try something like this.

    Congrats on starting your own blog! Have fun with it!

    Kimba

    ReplyDelete

happy DIYing! Alicia